Mar 21, 2008

All twitterpated

I think spring makes me crazy. It's different and much much better than winter crazies, it's crazy in a really nice way but still. I think weird things. Thoughts of sweet baby animals parade around my head and I want a few of everything. I want a rabbit and puppies and ducklings in the pond. I want a garden. I think it's not a waste of time to talk to the tomato seedlings and tell them it won't be long. I think I'm in love. I feel weird things. I feel flirty and flustered. I'm giddy. I'm all jumpy. I'm confused. I feel selfish because all of these sentences start with I. I'm serious about the rabbit and puppies and ducklings thing though. I wouldn't even mind chickens, there I said it. Hollands and Dominiques and Rhode Island Reds and Plymouth Rocks and Pan Fry Special (This is not an actual breed of chicken but was on a sign attached to a cage of some little happily peeping chicks I saw in the farm store yesterday, a sign which I read out loud with all the horror of a child born in the city.) As soon as I am not poor student saving for college I think I will get a rabbit. A soft and brown eyed one and he will probably love me. I had a rabbit once but I don't think she loved me. Oh she pretended to alright but she couldn't fool me. But in retrospect, this neglect might have went both ways seeing as one summer day I went away from home all day and left her in her barn cage which was about 347° and when I came home... To spare you the graphic details let's just say I promise this time if I get a rabbit I will try my hardest not to roast him. I will probably be much older and more responsible by that time anyway. Though you never ever know.

2 comments:

runnerfrog said...

Did you eat it crying like Homer ate Mr. Pinchy the lobster?

Aethelflaed said...

I like rabbits. Tasty. :)